Posted by Agny Gallus Pratama | 1 comments

How to be a Professional Accountant


Add caption
“How to be a professional Accountant” is a theme of my paper work that I have to complete before 27 January 2012. This assignment is based on my experience of study tour in Jakarta for 4 days. When I heard about this assignment, I just laughing because in my opinion that the real think of study tour just to become fun. However, I still have to do this, because my friend said that, “We have to make assignment, because that our responsibility of joining study tour”. So in this paper work, I will tell what I got from study tour that related to the theme.
In my first day of study tour, I just go to one place, that’s Ernst and Young. There are  manners before we can go to there. We have to use dress like white collar workers. This dress code not just wear in Ernst and Young , but also in other office that related to finance (in this situation mean Accounting). So the first lesson to become accountant is wearing dress like white collar people.
Back to the Ernst and Young, so Ernst and Young is a Puclic Accounting Firm. Ernst and Young also become Big Four of the Public Accounting Firms in the world. How about  Indonesia ? Ernst and Young become the first of Public Accounting Firms based on market share of services. In there, we get presentation from Senior Partner about Ernst and Young in Indonesia and also his careerlife. Lot of thing that I got from there. First about the experience, we can get lot of experience because we will took placed in other city or island or country ,not just in Jakarta. Beside that I think that I will learn how to be a profession accountant, because its like Ernst and Young motto “Quality in everything we do”. Second, about the job position, lots of position in there, not just audit and tax, but also services and others such as IT (Not pure IT, still based on Accounting ). Third, about salary, for the first year, or training year, we will get more than 8 million rupiah. I think that can become our motivation to join here. And the last, there is no drop out action from the firm, just the wasting time in same ladder. However, I still worried about the working condition. In my opinion, it’s like work with zombie^^, there is no laughing, or the others sosiality action. They just focused on laptop and papers. Beside that, the working schedule in there is very long, sometime Saturday and Monday we have go to work too. That are something that I didn’t like.
In my second day, I went to BPK (Badan Pemeriksa Keuangan), BPK and Ernst and Young are the same in services, but different object. BPK is for governmental, Ernst and Young is for Go Public Firm. But, sometime BPK audited by Ernst and Young. Some thing that I learn from here about the activities and the vision of BPK.So in here we discuss about the activity of BPK related to MoU from the other institution such as Police and DPR. I did’nt know about the working condition in here because there isn’t office tour like in Ernst and Young. Beside that we got lot of magazine, so I learn much about BPK from there.
From BPK, we go to Metro Tv to watch Kick Andy, and from that, I just learn abaou life, not about how to become accountant. The day after that, still the same, we go to Indofood and Dufan.
So what can I write based on the theme its just like that, I hope this paper can become review of the next study tour to improve the destination and still related to our studies, accounting.


1 comment: